Your life and work feel easy + uncomplicated.
You have a step-by-step plan that will get you where you want to go.
No more self-sabotage. No more elaborate strategies that overwhelm you.
Things in your business and life are … okay, but it all feels so hard.
Every dollar feels hardwon, every accomplishment seems to have been gained through grit and white knuckles and so. much. work.
Your shoulders are tight from hours in front of the laptop and every time you hear a text notification – ding! – you flinch because you’re already exhausted. Your life smells like four-times reheated coffee because that’s what’s fueling you as you muscle through your life and career.
Do you ever find yourself asking
- Am I making this – my business, my life, my goals – more complicated than they need to be?
- Is it always going to be like this? When will I stop overthinking things and start taking action?
- Am I doing this right? I just want a plan + confidence that I’m heading in the right direction.
But it’s actually possible for you to have what you want: a plan, peace of mind, confidence that you’re doing this right.
Imagine being able to:
- Know which steps will move the needle on your life and let go of things that aren’t working
- Relax a little bit! Money is coming in, your calendar is filled with fun, lovely things, you’re finally getting enough sleep
- Stop stressing so much – life just feels easier and less complicated
- Have confidence in the path you’ve laid out for yourself – you know that if you take x action, you’ll get y result
- Look at your life and feel successful and fulfilled – whatever shape that takes for you
I’m Sarah Von Bargen, a coach + consultant. I can help you create a plan that will make your life + work feel easier.
What makes me qualified to coach you on these things?
I’ve been running a successful online business for 11 years that supports my life rather than consuming it.
I will not lie to you! Those things are great!
But the real reason that I’m qualified to coach you on work + life is that I achieved those things while working 4-6 hours a day, getting 8 hours of sleep every night, and traveling two or three months a year.
I figured out what worked, I made a plan, and I took simple, non-overwhelming steps in the direction of what I wanted. And then, eventually, I got it.
That’s what I do for all my clients. And I can do it for you, too. ❤️
What topics do I coach around?
Habits + goals + motivation
- How to stop procrastinating + self-sabotaging
- How to set up your day + calendar in a way that works for you
- Getting out of your own way
- Choosing the right goals
- How to let go of perfectionism and JUST EFFING START
Money + happiness
- Figure out your spending triggers
- Setting up easy systems to automate saving + avoid overspending
- How to navigate money with your partner
- Create a life that feels abundant + joyful at almost any income level
- Ways to add more money to your bank account that work with your life + skillset
Self-promotion + social media
- How to talk about your work in a non-gross, non-pushy way
- What to post + how often to post it
- Ways to showcase your work + expertise that don’t feel too sales-y
- How to repurpose old content so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel everytime you post
- How to ask for what you want (the sale, the interview, the collaboration) in a way that doesn’t make you want to puke
- Build online courses that generate passive income (and don’t take 6 months and thousands of dollars to create)
- How to find new clients
- Ways to helps your clients + students get great results (so they’ll keep buying from you and recommend you to all their friends)
- What to write about + when to write about it
My coaching + consulting is made up of 4 parts.
Here’s what’s included in each:
Your pre-session workbook
I’ll ask about your strengths, weaknesses, what’s worked in the past (and what hasn’t), and all sorts of info-gathering questions to help me learn everything I need to know about you + where you want to go.
Our 60-minute coaching session
My work straddles the line between psychological and strategic: Sometimes the answer is reframing a situation or questioning your self-narrative. Sometimes the answer is installing a different plugin or deleting that app. 😉
My goal is to increase the number of tools in your tool box and help you create a detailed but not overwhelming plan for getting where you want to go – whether that’s earning more money, changing careers, spending less, having better boundaries, or getting out of your own way.
Your post-session packet
After our coaching session, I’ll send you a 3 – 4 page packet with next steps on everything we discussed.
“Use this tool, then send this email, then re-launch that ebook.” “Schedule this call, have this conversation, then use that website to apply for this program.” (Yes, I’m bossy! But I promise this is all delivered with love.)
These packets will help you retain all the info we covered during our session and you can refer to them whenever you’re ready for your next step.
Every coaching client gets one week of email support after our session. Got a follow up question? Email me! Think of another idea and want my feedback? Email me. Not 100% clear on something? You guessed it – email me.
Most of my replies will come in the form of a Loom video response – easier for me and more personal for you!
4b. A handwritten thank-you note via snail mail
One-off coaching sessions: $250 per session
Buy 3 coaching sessions (or more): $200 per session
Frequently Asked Questions
How does this work?
You can either click the button above OR you email me at email@example.com and tell me a bit about what you’d like coaching around. I’ll let you know if I think we’d be a good fit. If I can’t help, I can usually point you towards someone who can!
After we’ve decided to work together and you’ve completed payment, we’ll get a date on the calendar for our first session.
I’ll also put together a customized pre-session workbook so I can come to our session with as much information as possible. Let’s make good use of our time together!
Where do the coaching sessions take place?
If you’re in the Twin Cities, we can meet in person if you’d like! If you’re outside of the Twin Cities, our coaching calls will take place in a Google Hangout or on the good ol’ fashioned phone if that’s preferable.
What happens during a coaching session?
We usually start our session by reviewing the information you’ve sent me ahead of time. Is there anything you want to expand on? Have you had any epiphanies since you sent me your pre-session workbook? Has anything changed? If you’re an on-going client, we might revisit our last session and talk about what’s working and what’s not.
After we’ve confirmed what you’d like to work on, we’ll talk through your concerns and questions.
I take notes during every session and send each client a follow up packet with next steps, resources, and links. I want you to be able to give our session all your attention and energy without having to worry about taking notes.
What’s included in the post-session packet?
It obviously depends on the topic you want coaching around, but most post-session packets are 3 – 4 pages. They include really specific next steps towards your goal.
- When you get your yearly raise, set up an auto transfer to your savings account for the amount of the raise
- Use the attached email scripts to reach out to potential clients
- This is the platform you can use to design the workbook for your first e-course
- Here’s the plugin I mentioned that will block you from time-wasting websites
If we’ve covered different topics in your session – the logistics of posting to social media regularly AND the self-sabotaging you’re struggling with when it comes to posting regularly – I’ll break your packet into different sections.
What does the week of email support include?
Every coaching client gets seven days of email support after our live session.
Do you have a follow up question about your post-session packet? Did you take my advice about getting new clients and now you have a new client and you’re not sure what to do? Did our work shake loose some new ideas you want feedback on?
Great! My inbox is open to you for a week.
Most of my post-session support comes in the form of Loom video replies; it’s faster and soooo much more personal!
Do you offer refunds?
I do not. If you take real, concerted action on the advice I give you and do not see any results, I’m happy to give you a second coaching session free of charge so we can dig into why these things aren’t working and how you can change that.
Can I gift a coaching session with you to a friend or family member?
That depends. Did they literally say “I sure would like a 1:1 coaching session with Sarah Von Bargen”?
Because if they did not utter some variation of those words, I would suggest you give them something else.
Making big changes in our lives is hard enough when it’s 100% self-motivated. It is A MILLION TIMES HARDER when we’re doing it from a place of shame or obligation or because someone in our life wants us to change.
Do you do ongoing coaching? Can I work with you on a month-to-month basis?
You sure can! And ongoing coaching is 25% cheaper than one-off sessions!
But before you buy a pack of coaching sessions, I encourage you to buy just one to start with.
- I want to make sure we’re a good fit
- You might be amazed at the ground we can cover in one session – you might not need five sessions!