Hello! I’m glad you’re here. I’m so happy that you found your way through the cat videos and Buzzfeed lists and memes to Yes and Yes. (I really love cat videos and memes so I know what a triumph this is.)
When people ask me about my blog I tell them “It’s a lifestyle blog for smart, funny people.” And then I might point at them and wink and say “So you’re allowed to read it.”
Yes and Yes grew out of my desire to read A Very Specific type of blog that – at the time – didn’t exist. I liked lifestyle blogs (who doesn’t?) but I wanted something with a tiny bit more depth. Interesting interviews in addition to the recipes posts; thought-provoking personal essays and “what to wear for a weekend away” posts.
I started Yes & Yes in 2008 and since then I’ve slowly found an audience of 12,000+ daily readers and been featured in places like Lifehacker, Problogger, Glamour, and Forbes.com among others. I created an ecourse about money + happiness and another one about changing our habits. I also created an app, three calendars, and I even signed with a literary agent!
Now, I use all my learned-the-hard-way knowledge to help others improve their online spaces. In fact, if you send me your url, I’d be happy to take a look at your site and send you three, specific-to-you suggestions!
Wanna be friends? Here’s what you can do next…
- Follow along on Facebook for fun updates, occasional Facebook Live videos, and good links
- Check out Instagram for photos of my latest trip/adventure/ubiquitous latte shot
- Sign up for my newsletter and get access to my secret library of awesome workbooks, checklists, and resources
- Check out my Pinterest boards on topics like budget living, relationship advice, and solo lady travel
- Pitch me a story idea! I’m always accepting guest posts for these three post series