* Start the day with a glass of freshly-squeezed orange juice, then go out for breakfast. Have pain au chocolat at a posh cafe, a fry-up at a diner or local hotel, or a takeaway if you like – you are on holiday after all!* Give yourself a facial whilst listening to your favourite music, relaxing with a glass of wine.* Decide that for the week, cost doesn’t matter. You’re saving money by not going away so you can eat all your favourite foods, no matter how decadent!
* Visit your town or city’s tourist traps – you may be surprised how many great things there are to do in your town that you’d never have thought to try! See this article for some brilliant ideas!
* Go swimming at your local pool when there’s a “free swim” time and take a beach ball!
* Wear your favourite clothes and take time to look your best every day, even if you’re just staying in the house.
* Read “trashy” books and magazines, the sort of thing you’d only usually read on the beach or by the pool.
* Write postcards and mail them to your friends and family.
* Forget diets and nutrition, ice cream is a viable lunch option!
* Go clubbing or cocktail-drinking mid-week, it’s cheaper than at the weekends anyway!
* Fresh fruit however, strawberries, pineapple and big wedges of fresh juicy orange can be the perfect snack to make you feel like you’re on a tropical island somewhere!
* Pick a country and gather together all the movies you can about or from that area.
* Photograph all of it and put together an album of your fabulous holiday so that you can remember it for years to come!
How do you holiday at home?