You guys. It’s time to talk about The Best Place That’s Ever Happened.
No, it’s not Chuck E Cheese.
And it pains me to admit it’s not Dollywood.
Friends, the most magical place on earth is The City Museum in St. Louis, Missouri.
If you’ve ever wished that the game Mouse Trap were real, human-sized, and that you were the mouse, this is the place for you.
If you like activities that should proooooobably require the signing of a waiver, this is the place for you.
If you’ve got a healthy appreciation from whimsy and weird and danger, OMG welcome home.
Reasons You Must Visit The City Museum
* giant ball pit with balls that are 6-8 inches in diameter
* a 4-story Ferris wheel ON THE ROOF
* an arts and crafts section where you can make things with glitter and construction paper
* a huge section devoted to the Chicago School of Architecture
* a functioning shoelace factory
* an aquarium with turtles and a 39lb catfish
* tunnels and treehouses and secret hiding spots
* a 10-story spiral slide (!!!)
* a grand piano that everyone has carved their names into and kids can bang on
* rope swings over halfpipes
* a circus school
* awesomely creepy vintage pinball machines and natural history displays
* cocktails (!!!!)
It’s just so lovely and refreshing to see a space that’s so unabashedly, unapologetically different, you know?
All photos by Meredith Westin