It’s pretty rare that I cry about anything ‘real.’ Car needs expensive repairs? Got yelled at by a stranger? Experiencing Monthly Feelings? Sitting in rush hour on a rainy Friday afternoon listening to Adele?
Stone cold. But there is a huge number of ‘non-real’ things that make my eyes rain.
1. Any video involving Kid President
He’s just so sweet and joyful I.can’t.even.stand.it. Anytime he dances. When he gets weird around girls he likes. When he hugs the president. I can’t even. Sometimes I have to stop watching the videos because they give me too many Feelings. Like, really.
2. Anytime I see a picture of unlikely animal friends
I was a real mess when I assembled this blog post.
3. When someone I love is crying about something that’s a big deal
If you’re crying because you’re exhausted, I’ll mix you a drink and say “I’m sorry, dude. That sucks.” If your mom was just diagnosed with cancer, or your partner left, or you got laid off, I will cry right alongside you. (For the record: I’m not sure that this is a great move on my part but I can’t help it!)
4. Anytime I watch this specific music video
5. Anytime I watch this video
Ohhhhhh, godddddddd people all over the world being joyful togetherrrrrrrr!
6. When I see people do something that obviously, visibly brings them joy
Which is another reason that you don’t want to go to a Josh Ritter show with me. Because you’ll feel awkward when I have to cry because he’s grinning.
7. When I’m part of a crowd of strangers who are all singing in unison to a song we love
IT’S LIKE WE’RE A CHOIR OF HUMANITY.
8. When I’m really sleepy
This isn’t so much ‘crying’ as ‘water leaking out of my eyes while I go about the business of my evening, yawning.’
What weird things make you cry? Leave your weep-inducing links in the comments!
photo by fazen, cc