I’m standing at the front desk of a palace-turned-hotel, sipping on a cocktail, as ceiling fans turn slowly overhead. I’ve been traveling for 8 months already and I’ve been in and out of dozens of hotels, but even I can admit this one is special.
“Breakfast is served at 8:30, Ms. Von Bargen. May I help you with your bags?”
If you had to guess how much money I was making when the above exchange took place – what would you guess?
Nope. When I checked into that hotel in Laos, I’d just wrapped up two years earning $16 an hour and paying off $50,000 of school debt.
With that less-than-great financial situation, I managed to save enough for a 10-month international trip, pay off my car, and live in a cute apartment. All without help from my parents or partner, credit card debt, or giving up my occasional $5 latte.
Sounds impossible, right? It’s not.
If you believe that you need to earn dramatically more to have the life you want, I’m say: You don’t.
If you believe that life-on-a-budget has to be all ramen noodles and deprivation, I’m here to tell you: It doesn’t.
This is exactly the kind of stuff I cover in my 6-week course Put Your Money Where Your Happy Is. Enrollment opens today!
Life after you start putting your money where your happy is:
- You know what makes you happy and don’t get hung up on other people’s expectations.
- You’re confident and calm when you log into your bank account. You know exactly what you’re going to find and why.
- When you fill your shopping cart, it’s with things you know will bring you joy – no more purchases you regret once you get home.
- Your life is filled with meals with friends, fulfilling hobbies, delicious food, and trips to interesting places.
This is the second session of Put Your Money Where Your Happy Is and my students have some very kind things to say.
I’ve taken every financial and budgeting course imaginable, but none of those courses got to the root of why I was making poor financial choices. This course has helped me change my thinking so I can design a life I want to live and spend my hard earned money funding that life. This course has more than paid for itself – and it is so fun!! I’m truly excited to begin my newly designed life. – Alanna M.
This course helped me realize how much money I’ve wasted on ‘close enough’ purchases, especially when something pretty is on sale. It really made me think about the ways I was wasting money, even though I thought I was good at intentional spending. It even helped me learn how to change those behaviours! – Kate A.
What you’ll gain from Put Your Money Where Your Happy Is:
- An understanding of why you spend money the way you do.
- An understanding of what really makes you happy.
- A new relationship with your money.
- A plan to make your day-to-day life happier.
- For many students, this course pays for itself in a month!
After you sign up, you’ll have immediate access to
- 6 self-paced modules
- 24 video lessons
- 26-page workbook
- Our private Facebook group filled with videos, live chats, and shared insights
Money and happiness are such important topics and they affect every area of our lives! I’m so, SO proud of this class and how much it’s helped my students. I hope you’ll join us! Doors are open through February 11th!
I was skeptical going in that spending money would help me save money, but it was totally worth it. Sarah is the first person who’s ever encouraged me to look at my budget and ask “Does this make me happy? Does my budget match my values?” I feel really optimistic that I can finally get a handle on those miscellaneous, regrettable purchases that have always sunk my budget. – Sarah C.