Age: 45 1/2
Online haunts: blog // twitter // pinterest // facebook // instagram
Three reasons that you’re awesome:
1. I can recite the alphabet backwards.
2. I purposely drop in sci-fi references to adult conversations to see if I’m chatting with an undercover nerd. #DFTBA
3. I started by business on a text and a prayer. I’m about to celebrate my first anniversary.
What are you wearing right now, as you type this?
It is Wednesday morning and it’s my run around with my daughter day. I’m wearing a Dr. Who tee, knee length grey cardigan, distressed baggy jeans, my son’s belt, and cognac colored booties.
What is the last item of clothing you bought?
An ASOS snow leopard faux fur coat. I’m either going to look like a rock star or a yeti. The jury’s still out.
What is the item of clothing you most covet at the moment?
Audrey Hepburn’s entire wardrobe in “Funny Face.”
Tell us about a favorite childhood memory about your clothes.
I was seven and for Easter my mom made me a Laura Ingall’s (Little House on the Prairie) dress. My hair was long and braided and when I wore it, I swear I was Melissa Gilbert.
What is your best thrifting score?
A set of Waterford double old-fashioned glasses. My morning OJ never tasted so good.
Could you tell us your top three style tricks/DIYs?
1. Keep a blazer in your office. It ups any outfit in a pinch.
2. I recently discovered I have a wardrobe formula: classic + classic + trendy. It helps keeps me focused in the morning when I’m figuring out what to wear.
3. Cover your basics and know your fit. Once you have those down, be brave and never stop experimenting. Speaking as an Over 40 blogger, we tend to tame our look as we get older. We should be doing the opposite and let other’s see us for who we are, confident and accomplished.
Thanks so much for sharing, Beverly!