This is one of many Real Life Style Icon interviews in which we talk to smart, funny, interesting women who also happen to be super stylish.
Location: Kansas City
Online haunts: Blog // Etsy // Twitter // Facebook
Three reasons that you're awesome:
1. I care about quality -- no matter the task, I try to give it my all.
2. I throw a mean themed party.
3. I make really good cookies.
What are you wearing right now, as you type this?
A sweatshirt with a bunny on it, jeans and bare feet. It's a work from home day. :)
What is the last item of clothing you bought?
A pair of tall brown leather vintage boots.
What is the item of clothing you most covet at the moment?A really good quality classic coat like a wool trench coat in camel or a navy peacoat.
Tell us about a favorite childhood memory about your clothes.
Even before I was interested in fashion, I used to meticulously lay out the next day's outfit on the floor next to my bed. Adults got such a kick out of it, but I thought it was completely normal.
What is your best thrifting score?
I go thrifting so often that it's hard to pick one thing! My heart always flutters when I find something really old and in good condition.
Could you tell us your top three style tricks/DIYs?
1. A big, bold necklace can make an average outfit feel special.
2. I always feel more confident when I wear lipstick.
3. Wash your bangs in the sink and use dry shampoo for fresh hair in a pinch. I try to avoid washing mine daily.
Thanks so much for sharing, Katy!