Happiness Killers

There are three happiness killers:
doing work you do not love and are not passionate about,
surrounding yourself with people who you do not really like
(someone who just fills time),
and living somewhere that does not let you be you.

Just stop it.
Life is far too short.

Richard Florida

Diana

2 out of 3 isn't bad. (If I can find a job eating peanut butter on toast then I'd get that 3rd one under my belt too)

Ebony

This is me. I'm crying and miserable and I feel like I can't talk to anyone. Tell anyone. Because no one will get it. I want to scream.

Chelsie Joy

Thank you. I love this, and it's so true. This is my life right now, unfortunately. We relocated earlier this year for my husband's job, and it's just draining the life out of us both. The job is taxing, the people are frustrating and exhausting to be around (we don't have any true friends here), and we hate the we live in. We intend to leave as soon as possible, because it's just not worth it anymore.

rachel

So true. I'm still figuring out the work thing…my current is zapping my energy and stealing my motivation to do anything…need to fix it, and focus on the rest.

Marthe

This is so true!

So far I have quit my job, started over studying, moved to a different country and said goodbye to a bad friend.

I still don't think this is the magic solution to make me happy. But it's a start.

Robert

Happiness is all about the choices you make, not only where you work and whom you hang out with and where you live, but also choosing how to react to any given circumstance during the day. Regardless of what stage of live you are in, I’ve discovered the fastest way to be happy is to look around you and start noticing the wonderful things in life that are right in front of you. This is how you "capture happiness"

Kelsi

After reading some of these comments, I consider myself very privileged to make a living doing what I enjoy (I run a k-1 district cable channel and also freelance as a video editor), I have great friends and co-workers plus a wonderful fiancé (we're getting married in two weeks!), and we just purchased a cute little home that I modify into whatever I want.

Life is not always peaches and rainbows even with these things, but I can tell you it really makes all the difference overall in the quality of life. Fear of change/failure/rejection is loose change compared to the wealth of going for what actually pleases you.