31 New Things: Get A Brazilian

Hmmm. How does one write about something like this while attempting to maintain any amount of dignity? And while acknowledging the fact that her mom/aunts/co-workers read this blog?By resorting to haiku. Naturally.

Sugaring is good.
Didn’t scream, but broke a sweat.
Useful in Summer?

Have you ever gotten a Brazilian? Would you ever?

Chrissy

Brilliant. I love the picture you chose to accompany this haiku. Clever, clever!

I have yet to get a Brazilian. Maybe one day…

Alline

Sarah, my dear, as you know I LIVE in Brazil and I might know a thing or two about hair removal! I have to tell you (and the whole Internet!) this: I`ve been known for actually snoozing while getting a Brazilian! It doesn`t hurt at all, I find quite relaxing to be honest. It`s either me having an amazing tolerance to pain or the actual Brazilian "Brazilian" being less painful. Who knows?

The Naked Redhead

Oh you KNOW I got one of those and posted it for all the internetz to see. Ouchie!

Well, I didn't post "it"…just my face during the process. Erg.

My palms still sweat thinking about it. Also, I have definitely heard that the first time is most certainly the worst ever.

Ms Constantine

I've never had a brazilian, and doubt I ever will. My skin is too sensitive, it's not worth the aftermath at all!

Also, the waxing I have had down there hurts more than anything, and I just got my first tattoo.

Leila

Yes I did, probably the most horrifying thing I've done. Not only did I "grow it out" but my best friend attempted to perform the waxing. She left a bunch of wax behind and I had to go to the professionals. Its was the most painful thing i have ever done. NEVER AGAIN. not worth the smoothness but definately worth the experience and laughter.

Laura

I've gotten one and my haiku would have gone more like:

OW OW OW OW OW
You want to put wax where, now?
OH LORD. OW OW OW

Lilian Moreira εϊз

Well, I am Brazilian. And I have to say that most people are so terrified by the thought of doing a Brazilian wax that it hurts more! You have to relax! :) (I know, doesn't sound easy). I love doing it, it hurts a little, but if you keep talking to whoever is doing and take your mind (and eyes) out of it, when you realize you are done!! Haha!

Kitty

The picture made me laugh for like forty minutes. I seriously had to walk away from my computer and come back later.

lopi

I'm not Brazilian (I'm Greek) but I can actually give myself a brazilian. Have been doing it for quite a while now. I love that it lasts so much more than any other method, and I don't find it that painful. Saves me some bucks too!

Cheryl

I have a low tolerance to pain so I doubt if I'll ever do it. If laser removal gives me the ouch, how much more a Brazilian. Hands down to those who have it done.

peekadog

Yes, I've gotten a Brazilian and the first time is uncomfortble, but you have (must have) a good waxer. If your person does not know what she is doing you'll regret it!
I would not say that I enjoy the process, but I do like the results!

Erin

I used to get them ALL THE TIME, I would freak out over the tiniest amount of regrowth. Then I realised I have far too many other body parts to maintain and that I'm not a hairy gal anyway, and let it grow out. But yes, it hurts. It hurts and it's vaguely degrading and there's nothing fun about it.

Alline

Sarah, what I did was: I worked my way up to it! I started getting my calves waxed, then the tighs, then the lady garden, then the armpits… this way I knew what was waiting for me, got used to the environment and could relax, as Lilian wisely said!

laii

I totally would have chickened out of doing it. I even chicken out of going on rollercoasters and the Tower of Terror at Walt Disney World. You're a much braver lady than I would be!

Danielle

Yes, I get them. I agree – sugaring is definitely the way to go. Personally, I don't find them painful, though – I just lie back and chat with my hygienist while she does her thing.

R.

The picture here made me LMAO for a full minute.

No Brazilians here, but I have gotten a very-short bikini wax before – several times, in fact. And they still make me wince. I can only imagine how much more painful a full wax would be! But if you're anything like me, you'll be thankful for the experience when it's time to change into your bathers…

–xo.

Michelle

It's been over a day and I keep coming back to this just to laugh at the cat picture again. I was seriously in tears at work from laughter when I saw it yesterday.

I have not gotten a Brazilian, or any sort of professional wax for that matter. Someday, maybe…

I'm honestly interested – and hoping you'll let us know – about what happens AFTER. Like the immediate pain and irritation I could imagine, but a few weeks later? What is it like? What is to be expected? Does it feel weird to be in your clothes? Is the regrowth thin? How fast does it come back? THANKS :) P.S. I'm considering it . . . that's why all the questions . . . I'm not a lurking pervert. Feel free to do the follow up in haiku, too :)

Brooke

hahahahahahahahahaha….oh, sar… the picture. brilliant choice… hahahahahah… not really inspiring me to try it, tho! 😉

Alex

I LOVE the picture.
A new friend of mine (no, not a male friend) has convinced me that I SIMPLY MUST TRY IT.

So I'll be there as soon as it grows back from shaving.

I'd be interested in the aftermath, too.

screwdestiny

To date I have gotten three Brazilians, and I plan on getting more because I hate hate hate shaving down there.

I was lucky that my first one was done by someone who was very good at it. So even though it hurt like hell, it was over very quickly. My second one was actually more painful (and done by someone who was less adept) because I was pregnant. What, you thought I was gonna have 10 people looking down there without it being all cleaned up? No siree! My last one was, again, by someone not so great at it, but they're getting easier every time.

Esther Chew

I love the way you blog about it..

I have been getting my Brazilian done regularly for about 2 years already and I would definitely advise any girl to go for it.. Even if you decide after that is not something you like, the hair with eventually grow back.. and it's definitely worth the experience..

Anyway, I've been trying to think of ways to blog about it but could not figure out a way to put it nicely.. thanks for your post :)

btw, if you are wondering, I'm from a small country in Asia called Malaysia.

Cheers :p